He proposed and you said, “yes!” There is excitement, nervousness, and the wedding planning begins. It all seems like a 200-mph roller coaster, but it is doable. Is planning a wedding stressful? Absolutely!
We at Ashley & Alexandria’s are here to help you navigate the most memorable time of your life. We’ve worked with thousands of brides to help them find their dream dress. We also have expert knowledge with wedding planning and etiquette. The dress is a huge part of the wedding. There are a lot of big picture and little details you must plan for.
The key element you want to think about is efficient productivity with as little stress as possible. You want to enjoy the moments that lead up to one of the biggest days of your life.
Here are some tips that will help your wedding planning a little less stressful.
1. Breathe – Yes it sounds simple, but are you breathing properly? Take a moment and check your breath. With every breath make sure it is not short. Take a few deep breaths to regulate your breathing. If you find yourself in a situation that is stressful. Pause, step away and breathe.
2. Create a timeline– If you have a wedding planner, they can help you with your timeline. If you don’t, there are many resources online that can help you. When you see the big picture and the details, it serves as a great guide to see what you have to do and how far you’ve come.
3. Delegate tasks – Your community, bridesmaids, family, and friends are here for you. Don’t be afraid to delegate tasks and take some responsibilities off your list. People who love you are usually happy to help.
4. Pause – Taking a step back from everything can be very beneficial. When you pause and take a break, you can get some rest and a new perspective. Choose days that you will not work on wedding planning. Choose this time to gather with friends, rest, or do something nice for yourself.
5. Review your to-do list – When you see where you are, it makes it easier to see what you must do. Some people create a master to-do list then create deadlines by date or category of task. Your to-do should be organized, easy to follow, and a working document. When you look at it often, it can be stressful, but it also helps because you can see all the responsibilities in one place. Remember, organization is key.
We hope these tips helped. Remember, enjoy the journey and have fun.
Are you newly engaged and looking for a bridal gown? Make your appointment today, call 248.351.9741.