It is your big day. There are levels of excitement, nervousness, and emotions that have come to the surface. Between the ceremony, reception, rehearsal dinner, and the events surrounding the wedding, there is so much to think about. One item you can’t forget is your wedding day emergency kit. You can pack it yourself or get a kit with the items that are included. We gathered some tips from real brides. Here are some of the items they shared that are essential for your kit.
Here are the top seven items you will need in your bridal emergency kit.
- Hair Accessories – With all the movement during the day a hair mishap is inevitable.It is important to have some hair accessories right at your fingertips so you can fix it and keep it moving. Think bobby pins, ponytail holders, and barrettes.
- Breath Mints – Your wedding day is a big day and a long day. Breath mints are good to have as you are greeting your guests and it is refreshing for that memorable kiss.
- Blotting Papers – Keep your look together through the sweat and tears. Blotting paper is an essential for your wedding kit.
- Makeup Kit – Touch-ups are essential. From the ceremony, to pictures, to the reception. You will want to have a fresh look all day. A mini makeup kit will help you conveniently touch-up your look throughout the day.
- Snacks and Water – The day is long and depending on the time of year it can be hot. With all of the excitement and nerves, it is important to stay hydrated and have healthy snacks.
- Deodorant – Who isn’t sweating on their wedding day?
- Sewing Kit – This is an item that could save the day. If there is a pull, tear, or anything having this kit at your fingertips can keep stress at bay.
Remember, this is your day and your time. Enjoy every minute of it.
Are you newly engaged?
Congratulation! Did you know that brides should be shopping for their wedding dress 9-13 months before the wedding? Schedule your appointment today at Ashley & Alexandria’s.